Weekend Intensives For Couples
Couples intensive workshops, programs and ongoing coaching to enhance communication, reconnect emotionally, rebuild intimacy and recharge sexually coming soon!
Please inquire directly about weekend couples and relationship intensives in which I use my training from the Gottman Institute to support healing and relationship enhancement. Weekend intensives are a great solution to jump-start relationship changes and can be supplemented with booster sessions to ensure success.
Group therapy has a long and well-proven record as a highly effective and useful form of psychotherapy. It is as helpful, and in some cases can be more beneficial than individual therapy for many reasons. For some adults and adolescents, needs such as reducing isolation by gaining social support and learning how to sustain healthy interpersonal relationships are important objectives of treatment. Essentially, they learn about how to relate to others and also gain from the support they receive from the group connection. The majority of individuals who participate in group therapy find it beneficial as a stand-alone treatment or in addition to their own psychotherapy.
Group Therapy is an opportunity for the following benefits to occur:
- Receive and offer support and feedback
- Gain insight and understanding into one’s own thoughts, feelings, and behaviors by looking at relationship patterns both inside and outside the group
- Develop awareness of other peoples’ thoughts, feelings and behaviors
- Improve self-confidence, self-image, and self-esteem
- Learn effective communication skills
- Experiment and practice new interpersonal behaviors
- Speak honestly and directly about feelings in a safe environment
- Benefit from personal change and growth inside the group with the expectation that new behaviors can generalize into one’s outside life
- Normalize problems by recognizing that other people share similar challenges
Confidentiality: What happens in the group stays in the group. The content of group therapy sessions must be held in confidence. It is an essential part of ethical, professional conduct. Group therapists are pledged to maintain complete confidentiality except in one situation: when there is an immediate risk of serious harm to a group member or to someone else.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
Individual Therapy, Group Therapy, Relationship Counseling, Consulation, Supervision, EMDR + Adjunctive EMDR Therapy + Online Counseling Sessions
I've enjoyed my education adventures along the way and am able to offer a unique approach to healing. My goal is to blend contemporary psychological practices and practical skill-building with intuitive guidance and the wisdom of the ancient healing arts. The heart and soul of my approach is to help clients develop insight, self-awareness, self-acceptance, authenticity, self-integration, respect for one's body, feeling embodied, healthier boundaries, self-care and to learn to trust one's own inner guide and wisdom.
Psychotherapy For Adolescents + Adults
Individual adolescent and adult therapy is provided in my Manhattan office, and depending on client concerns, online using Skype or a HIPPA compliant platform. An initial consultation is the best way to determine if your particular needs and goals can best be addressed using a short-term model such as solution-focused therapy and crisis counseling or long-term psychotherapy to address longstanding, chronic symptoms and conflicts. I have advanced post-graduate training in a variety of helpful techniques such as: EMDR Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy or CBT, Dialectical Behavior Therapy or DBT, Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, Interpersonal Psychotherapy, Solution Focused Therapy, Focusing and Mindfulness. After an initial assessment, I will give you my opinion, and together, we can discuss therapy in detail. We can also consider the duration of treatment and the approach or combination that would be the best solution for you. I have expertise in anxiety and mood disorders, addictions, compulsions, eating disorders, relationship problems, sexuality, identity concerns, sexuality, self-defeating patterns/self-sabbotage, lack of purpose, spirituality, family of origin issues, trauma/PTSD, attachment issues, self-esteem, transitions, loss, wellness coaching and an integrative therapy approach that addresses chronic pain and medical challenges.
Coaching, Strategizing + Mentoring
Coaching clients are goal-oriented individuals who seek results in their lives. Hiring a coach who is rigorously trained to uncover obstacles, as well as guide and support your best self, is a powerful resource. Having support and guidance as you practice new behaviors can be incredibly helpful. Some just need an expert "strategist" to guide efforts towards growth and change. Coaching unearths the stubborn and often hidden, negative self-concepts that keep people anchored to their present reality. Identifying these unhelpful concepts helps clients move forward. Often, a positive and renewed sense of energy will emerge as soon as one begins the coaching process. Partnering with a life coach can be supportive, encouraging and empowering, and can help clients navigate change restoring or creating balance and fulfillment. Whether it’s taking control of one's health, losing weight, career issues, focusing on goal-attainment, repairing a relationship, getting "unstuck" or transitioning to a new chapter in life, coaching can provide the needed inspiration and support one desires. Working with a licensed trained psychotherapist can yield exceptional results. Coaching is not therapy. Therapists have interesting skills and tools that can be used when longstanding and resistant patterns interfere with progress. I won't hesitate to offer EMDR for blocks and peak performance enhancement, Mindfulness, Solution-Focused strategies or Cognitive Behavior techniques to my clients, combined with coaching strategies to help the "stuck" move forward.
Relationship Counseling + Couples Therapy
I've successfully worked with many coupes who desire a better, more fulfilling relationship. I work with many high-functioning couples who would like to enhance their relationship and reestablish intimacy and connection. I also work with individuals at various stages of relationships including: newly-formed relationships, couples seeking pre-marital counseling and guidance, new parents seeking support, those considering separation or divorce and the newly single and ready to date. I use a "team" approach, helping couples learn to communicate their needs and "hear" the needs of their partner, as well as develop a shared vision or goals, learn acceptance and compassion for self and the other, heal from infidelity, develop new skills, identify and de-escalate triggers, address sex and intimacy concerns and understand how the past may be impacting your current relationship. I use my training from The Gottman Institute, as well as Emotionally Focused Therapy or EFT and Non-Violent Communication or NVC to support my work with couples.
EMDR Therapy + Brainspotting
As an EMDRIA-approved, level II trained EMDR therapist, I have enjoyed great success with clients using EMDR therapy for a variety of chronic, longstanding difficulties as well as recent traumatic incidents. EMDR psychotherapy can be a stand-alone treatment or integrated into ongoing talk therapy sessions to speed the healing process. As a New York City based EMDR specialist, I provide trauma resolution for PTSD symptoms, and healing for attachment deficits, developmental traumas, medical trauma and chronic physical and emotional abuse. Additionally, EMDR is an effective therapy for anxiety, obsessions, phobias, compulsions, panic attacks, depression, self-esteem, eating disorders and more. For addictions, I use a specific protocol called the Feeling State Addiction Protocol or FSAP when working with substance and process addictions. For individuals in addiction recovery, elements of EMDR therapy can help clients develop self-soothing inner resources. A combination of EMDR and coaching is an effective treatment combination for sports and peak performance enhancement and creative and performance blocks. Brainspotting, another technique developed by David Grand, PhD, combined with EMDR psychotherapy is a technique I use to address attachment issues, unresolved trauma, pre-verbal trauma and performance problems.
Consultations + Referrals
I provide consultation sessions that are time-limited and problem or goal-focused. Some individuals and families consult with a mental health professional for educational purposes, a clinical assessment or diagnosis, help with a personal or life challenge, support for a difficult transition or crisis and to obtain resources to other collateral support such as psychiatrists or treatment facilities such as rehabs for addictions and eating disorders. Clinical consultations allow a client, parent or family member to explore concerns, probem-solve with a professional and make decisions or changes in their lives that move them forward when they feel unsupported or "stuck." I am delighted to share my trusted resources to complementary, alternative and conventional medical referrals in New York City and beyond. Consultations are not psychotherapy and can be done long distance using an online service such as Skype, Google, FaceTime or via telephone sessions.
Integrative Therapy-Coaching, Mindfulness, Stress Reduction + Self-Care Practices
My interest in mind-body techniques and complementary medicine has allowed me to journey to some amazing places including workshops and training opportunities. Using my training with the Urban Zen Foundation and my yoga therapy training (RYT 200 + 500 hours), I help clients address anxiety insomnia, stress, trauma and chronic illness using a combination of guided imagery, breathing techniques, body scans, meditation and Mindfulness. I've studied aromatherapy and Reiki and still enjoy both, including self-Reiki and Reiki with clients, friends and family. Using the brilliance of neurobiology, western psychological theory, and the power of cutting-edge nutrition, yoga therapy, chakra work and other somatic psychotherapies, I truly enjoy helping clients who are open to these techniques heal on many levels. Together we can decide what would work best for your particular needs. Some examples of integrative therapy include: Mindfulness training, lifestyle recommendations (nutrition, meditation, exercise, yoga and sleep), boundary work, creative play, journaling, somatic therapy and more.
Supervision + Private Practice Development
I enjoy helping new practitioners such as social workers, marriage and family therapists, licensed professional counselors, licensed mental health counselors and psychologists develop and build their private practices. I am happy to provide clinical supervision for cases, and I especially enjoy helping interested therapists blend mind-body medicine and complementary techniques into their existing psychotherapy practices.
Psychotherapy, Coaching + Consultation Services
- Depression and mood disorders
- Anxiety and compulsive disorders
- Eating disorders, emotional eating and body image issues
- Borderline Personality Disorder BPD
- Adolescents problems (behavioral, emotional, family, academic challenges)
- Marriage / couples / relationship problems
- Celebrity, gifted and talented individuals
- Grief, loss and bereavement
- Asperger’s Syndrome
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD)
- Addictions / drug addiction / process addictions / substance abuse / behavioral disorders / alcoholism
- Sexual addiction
- Adult survivors of abuse
- Adult Children of Alcoholics
- Childhood, developmental trauma and traumatic events
- Self-sabatage and self-defeating behaviors
- Self-esteem issues
- Performance blocks using EMDR therapy
- Surviving and managing relationships with borderline or narcissistic individuals / partners
- Men’s issues
- Women’s issues, transitions, parenting, caretaking, hormone imbalance
- Environmental stressors and crisis management
- Phase of life issues / aging
- Sexual and relationship issues for individuals and couples
- Life transitions
- Work, creativity and career issues
- Life purpose, existential and spiritual concerns
- Individual, couples, marital, family and group therapy
- Weekend intensive workshops for couples
- Coordination of services with school, medical practitioners, legal counsel, etc
- Consultation and evaluation for potential in-patient residential treatment
- Parent and new parent education and coaching
- Addiction evaluations and assessments
- Addiction therapy (drug, alcohol, sex, internet, gambling, eating, spending, shopping)
- Executive coaching
- Peak performance coaching
- Clinical supervision, private practice building business and consulting
- Presentations and workshops
- Mindfulness, meditation and stress management coaching and instruction
- Recovery support for individuals including their families
- Self-care support and coaching
- Referrals to medical and allied professionals in New York City
- Psychodynamic / psychoanalytic psychotherapy
- Mindfulness / meditation support
- Interpersonal psychotherapy
- EMDR therapy
- Brainspotting for attachment and trauma resolution
- Crisis counseling
- Short-term and goal-oriented therapy
- Cognitive therapy for depression
- DBT skills
- Marriage and relationships
- Clinical supervision
- Online via telephone, Skype, FaceTime or a HIPPA compliant service