Therapy, Counseling and Consultation
Kimberly Seelbrede is a New York State licensed Psychotherapist, Couples Therapist and EMDR Therapist providing psychotherapy, consulting and coaching. Taking steps to change one’s life takes courage and commitment. Whether working with individuals or couples, her approach to treatment includes evidence-based and cutting-edge therapies, in addition to helping clients explore the underlying conflicts and emotions fueling problematic repetitive patterns and behaviors. Although the particular intervention she uses may vary according to individual needs, Kimberly’s approach is always aimed at helping clients create more flexible ways of processing their inner world. Her mission is to empower clients to improve their emotional health, develop the capacity to engage in healthy relationships and provide the tools and skills necessary to live an authentic and satisfying life. Kimberly offers therapy, consultation and coaching in her Manhattan office downtown at the intersection of Union Square, Flatiron and Madison Square Park and worldwide using phone, video chat and Skype. Feel free to contact her with questions or for a consultation.
By the time people seek therapy, their lives often feel unmanageable. The goal of psychotherapy is to relieve not only symptoms, but also to help people gain the insight and practical skills they need to increase resilience and handle future life challenges. Effective therapy can help clients identify and understand self-defeating behaviors and change dynamics that interfere with intimacy, self-esteem, happiness, success and creative expression. Kimberly’s therapy and consultation practice is grounded in years of clinical experience and reflects her belief in an integrative approach to emotional health and the power of the mind-body connection. She has an eclectic practice style blending Western treatment models such as psychodynamic psychotherapy, Solution-Focused, EMDR therapy, DBT skills, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) with Eastern mind-body healing arts, relaxation and stress reduction, including Mindfulness approaches. Her Manhattan psychotherapy practice is devoted to both short and long-term therapy working with adolescents, adults and couples. Kimberly has completed EMDRIA-approved, level II EMDR training and uses special protocols to target specific difficulties. She seamlessly blends this technique, when appropriate, with psychotherapy for the following: trauma resolution, relationship problems, self-esteem issues, anxiety, panic, obsessions, phobias, fear, depression, abuse, anger, guilt, abandonment, pain, addiction, sexual concerns, eating disorders and performance problems. Kimberly is delighted to offer adjunctive EMDR, meditation and stress reduction practices, and other somatic psychotherapy techniques to medical and mental health professionals in Manhattan.
An integrative practice style helps clients:
- Break through blocks in intimacy, relationships, body image, weight, addictions, depression, panic, anxiety or finance problems
- Identify obstacles and set goals to work towards happiness and success
- Discover how to effectively and compassionately resolve difficult feelings and emotions such as loneliness, disappointment, sadness, grief, guilt, shame, anger, envy and fear
- Learn strategies to improve mood, outlook and self-esteem
- Uncover patterns of behavior that are rooted in the past but repeated in the present
- Develop compassion, acceptance and non-judgment towards self and others
- Learn adaptive, self-soothing behaviors in addition to healthy self-care practices
- Work towards finding a more “authentic self”
- Learn to trust your own wisdom and intuition search for therapist NYC for anxiety, depression, panic attacks, addictions, eating disorders in New York City, NY, downtown Manhattan
What can I expect during sessions?
Psychotherapy helps clients understand why they repeat negative, self-defeating patterns and teaches techniques that will translate new insight and self-awareness into positive behavioral changes. Psychotherapy helps clients identify and work through unresolved emotions, trauma, grief and loss, family of origin issues, anxiety, sadness, addictions, relationship patterns and ways of thinking that interfere with development and personal growth.
Coaching concentrates on the here and now and is a goal-oriented style of working with a focus on helping clients take action, using accountability to keep the work moving. Coaching is rarely concerned with getting to the root of the problem, however a highly-trained psychotherapist can help clients uncover any psychological blocks that may be interfering with successful results.
Integrative Therapy sessions are non-invasive and promote the mind and body’s own natural ability to heal itself. Sessions include EMDR, Focusing, Somatic Experiencing techniques and stress reduction methods such as meditation and Mindfulness instruction and support.
What are some of the reasons people seek treatment?
- Lack of fulfillment or purpose
- Chronic stress and poor coping solutions
- Interpersonal and relationship difficulties
- Environmental and social challenges
- Depression and mood related issues
- Anxiety, panic attacks, phobias, obsessions and compulsions expert NY
- Coping with grief and loss or bereavement therapy NY, NY
- Anger management CBT therapist New York
- ADHD and Aspergers
- Relationship difficulties, conflicts and intimacy issues marriage therapist NYC
- Parenting difficulties and shared custody after divorce
- Working beneath one’s potential
- Low self-esteem therapy for adolescents and perfectionism
- Managing acute or chronic pain/illness
- Habit disorders, nutrition and lifestyle problems stress reduction expert NY
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) single or multiple event and developmental traumas
- Eating disorders, body image and identity concerns
- Addiction and recovery for individuals and their families therapist NYC
- Assertiveness and life skills development
- Life changes and transitions such as parenting, divorce and empty nest
- Managing work and family balance
Clinical services provided:
*Legal Disclaimer – This Web Site and its content is for informational and educational purposes only and is not intended to replace or substitute any professional medical, psychiatric or psychological advice. If you have specific concerns or questions regarding a/your personal situation in which you require professional counseling, therapy, consultation or psychotherapy you should consult with your qualified healthcare professional. Reading a website such as this is not intended as a substitute for general or urgent medical care, evaluation or treatment. Individuals with urgent medical problems are requested dial 911, go to their local emergency room ER or seek advice from their own physician, therapist, psychologist or the appropriate health care professionals. By using this website, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Kimberly Seelbrede, LCSW, PLLC from and against any actual or alleged claims. www.kimseelbrede.com, New York, NY 646.248.9196*
Professional affiliations and links:
Psychology Today therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists NYC, find a therapist in New York, NY, Life Coach and EMDR therapist Psychotherapist Kim Seelbrede for anxiety, trauma, relationship, panic, depression, ocd, phobias, addictions, relationship expert, marital counseling, performance enhancement, peak performance coaching, sports performance psychology for athletes and performers, politicians, hypnosis, achievement, career, New York, LA, London, New York, Financial District, Wall Street, Tribecca, Soho, Battery Park, West Village, East Village, Midtown, Brooklyn, UWS, UES NYC therapist for sexual problems, alcoholism, recovery issues, recovery support, relationship counseling, couples therapy, personality disorders, top best corporate, executive life coach, coaching for for ceo’s, executives, successful, personal coaching